
In the last week we have had 3 days of rain. I'm not much of a fan, but it totally beats having to shovel snow. Rain is great but the desert is not very good at absorbing moisture so it runs in rivers. I can really understand how a river could make the Grand Canyon. When it really rains here it changes the lay of the land. This picture is our road when the wash over flowed it's banks. I think the funniest thing is that most people in Arizona don't know how to drive in the rain, when you come to a roaring wash don't try to drive thru it!!!! During the rain storm it did something to our underground power, so we spent 2 days digging up the old lines and putting in new ones. We had to dig 160 feet of trench, thank goodness for our tractor. There is always something to fix on the ranch.
Iam very greatful for the moisture, we are in need of it and I can't complain, I could be digging out of several feet of snow. Gotta love Arizona Winters!!!
Iam very greatful for the moisture, we are in need of it and I can't complain, I could be digging out of several feet of snow. Gotta love Arizona Winters!!!
2 comments:
It snowed here today. At least it melted pretty quickly off of the roads. I'd rather have the rain!
I remember being so surprised at how people drove through the rain there. So weird. Sorry about all the extra work it caused you.
Post a Comment