Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's Amazing


Last summer we had a BBQ and I served a fresh pineapple. My Dad told me that is I took the top of the pineapple, planted it is the dirt and watered it, it would grow into a tree. I was fascinated and wanted to give it a try. So I cut the top off, dug a hole and stuck the top in and here we are a year later. My pineapple tree is now 2 feet tall and doing very well.
It totally amazed me that a plant could grow from plopping the top in the ground. Now we'll just have to wait and see if any pineapples grow on my tree.

2 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

OH that is SO COOL! I can't wait to hear if you get pinapples too!

Cheri said...

Wow! I had no idea that's how they grew. My kids would be so jealous, their favorite part of going to southern California was the trees.