
I wish that y'all could scratch my blog and get a whiff of my most favorite smell in the world. I sat outside last night and enjoyed smelling the orange blossoms blooming on my tree. I have been told that smell is the #1 scent that jogs memories and I believe it. Orange blossoms take me back to all the spring breaks that we would drive from Idaho to Arizona to visit my Grandparents. When we would get close to Grandma's house my Dad would roll down the windows so we could all smell the orange blossoms. I think my Dad and I were the only ones that enjoyed the smell, so whenever I smell the blossoms I think of my Dad and driving to Arizona to visit Grandma and Grandpa. I hope that one day y'all can stop and smell the orange blossoms because it is awesome.
3 comments:
Man, I missed all those great memories because I was always stuck sitting in the reverse seat in the back of the station-wagon. My memories of driving to Arizona were staring at the back of signs and making faces at the drivers coming up on our rear getting ready to pass dad.
I bought some awful oranges at costco last week, and when I ate one my first thought was "man I wish I was in AZ getting fresh oranges"
Thanks Bec for the trip down "smell" memory lane. I still remember those trips to Mesa when I was young. It was quite different then, you had to get past Tempe and the stock yards where the smell as aweful, but then the orange and grapefruit blossoms would take over and it was incredible. Now I have to use scentsy candles to pretend I am still there.
Post a Comment